• 15 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 9 replies
  4. Fusebox FAQ

• 15 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 3 replies

• Gave myself a boost tonight. It aint perfect, bit patchy here and there and theres the odd run but for my first attempt at spray painting of anything of a considerable size and I'm rather happy with it.  1. Primer - Electrox
      2. Wet sanded with 600 grit.
      3. Tack clothed
      4. 2 Base Coats - Monza Blue LD5Y
      5. 3 Layers of lacquer 

• Just Halfords satin black. The optiworks skirts come coated in satin black textured paint. They texture is perfect still but the black was badly faded. I've tried many cans of satin black and really can't get better than Halfords stuff
    • Hello all   just a quick question about coilovers. Ive got them fitted on my avant but i need to raise the car for a holiday trip and i cant find my rear adjusters to put back in. I was wondering will my rear springs and the coilover shock higher it back to normal hight or close as possible? Or wont it work?    Dan
    • Selling this because need an estate, may p/x for a Volvo V50 if it's a decent one. 1 previous owner from 2008-2018 who had it from new, then me. Ridiculous amount of paperwork with this, he went to main dealer for everything with no expense spared. Car is currently on 146,000 miles which sounds high but the condition of this is better than anything I've had before on much lower miles, which is why I bought it! Also, I like wood trim.
      2008 BMW 335d Sport
      Metallic Sapphire Black
      6-speed automatic transmission
      Auto xenon headlights
      Auto wipers
      Electric glass sunroof with tilt and slide
      Heated leather front seats
      Electric seat adjustment
      6-CD changer, I-Drive, auxiliary and USB ports
      BMW Bluetooth
      Refrigerated centre console
      Unmarked 19" wheels with Bridgestone runflat tyres
      Service stamps at 18k, 23k, 37k, 49k, 56k, 71k, 75k, 90k, 101k, 109k, 114k, 140k

The only real thing missing from the spec is keyless entry and go, which is a shame but hardly a labour to do it manually. I bought the car on 143k and immediately carried out the following: oil and oil filter change, air filter, fuel filter, cabin pollen filter, power steering flush and fluid change, new front pads and discs to fix a little judder, new wipers, new throttle body valve (this was an error code when I had it read, although wasn't causing an EML light or any issues), uprated Forge red flexi intercooler pipe (common issue), new wheel centre badges, new headlight lenses, refurbished calipers all round, B-pillar trim because it had a little chip on it and new offside wing mirror glass due to discolouration. I naturally also have paperwork for all of this work.  

I'd also heard about these making good power when remapped so that's also been done. I asked for a conservative map to be put on and this was done at The Performance Centre in Sunderland using a live map that's tailored to the vehicle rather than having a generic file being loaded, and after this the car made 326hp and 684nm. 

The interior is in great shape, and one of the best colour combos in my opinion. The exterior paintwork is also in excellent condition, with only a few little blemishes on the front end. I've tried to include some pictures of the depth of the metallic. All in all, a very well looked after car that's been to Blue Bell in Crewe (main dealer) for most of its life and then has been gone over by yours truly, one of the most anal people in the history of the world. It drives brilliant, plenty of power, lovely noise and returning 35mpg on average and although I'm yet to take it for properly long run but I'd expect 45-50mpg from the little runs I have had. 

Any questions please ask. No silly offers please, I know how cheap you can get a 335d these days, but I also know the spec and condition of this car and it's priced fairly, it truly wants for nothing.

Private plate not included.    £7,000 please and thank you, based in WF11 Wakefield.
    • You will never see damaged chips unless they have been obliterated.  
  • Topics