• Cheers Nate. It's in fairly good nick, i've managed to get all of the interior out and have found some areas with holes and rusty spots but in general it's solid. I don't really like the silver to be honest, I think it makes it look a bit tired. Plus what with having access to all the paintwork through my pal Ross it makes sense for me to go for the ideal colour! It's been resprayed in the past and it's not the best job so parts would be needing done anyway. That said I'm not 100% sure on colour still, originally I thought Tornado Red, but the Pearl Grey has been catching my eye lately, any suggestions and inspiration welcome (OEM or otherwise)! Here's a couple photos from the weekend, stripping out was fairly easy, so far I've only broken one seatbelt height adjuster and the windscreen... in the second photo you can see some of the surface rust, there's also a hole which is just visible in the boot floor and holes underneath the battery in the bay.
    • Hi all, after some 18" vision alloys for my Mk6 Gti. I've been on ebay and gumtree but anywhere else I could look? Could even be reps Thanks 
    • Give the unit a direct 12v from the battery to see if it's faulty. I assume you are trying the unit with the ignition on (lights on dash and engine off). Are you using ISO plugs or bullet connectors?
    • Well I was gonna paint it and tart it up a bit...... that was never really gonna happen tho, as I’m just not feminine enough to do that... so I’m refreshing gaskets and o rings etc, I wiped some dirt off too.. fancy!! So ive been mocking bits on to see what I needed to fettle, the charger/engine mount fouled the 4 branch that was apparently for a g40..... yeah ok then... to I tickled it with the angle grinder and all is well. So this week, I’ll hopefully do water pump and cam belt etc and get the engine in.  So here is a picture of a sorry looking g40 engine      
    •   Our 10th and last VAG Nation event...

VAG Nation Show&Shine event
      Quality not quantity
      Entrance selection Pre-selecting 50 cars for our "Lane of Fame" mail to -> vagnationbelgium@gmail.com Show & Shine trophies will be chosen by the MIVW and ED38 crew.   For the first time in 10 years & for the last time, we hooked up with Hotel Serwir in Sint-Niklaas. It s a 10min drive from showground, has it's own restaurant, just across the street there's a big shopping centre & Mc Donalds. 
      Only limited rooms available.
      Single & double rooms are possible
      Use the code VAG23062018
      for special prices!
      See you there for our pre-event M&G 

• Topics