Been a not so busy 5 months in regards to this car up until the previous two weeks,
Along with the car being stored in Leicester whilst living in Bristol until October time a broken leg was then the next obstacle up until christmas so I've had no real time or opportunity to solve this.
I opened the door of this car for the first time two weeks ago to pretend it still had a hope of being fixed. I cleaned my garage out after two years and its now inside.
Its tight but its not being rained on!!
Got started on fixing it from edition, found what I suspected it to be being a broken wire to a major sensor being the downfall.
The live wire into this sensor was cracked around the casing so cut it and stripped it back and repined the connector. Assumed it was this from previous issues in amsterdam in 2014 from it spluttering and breaking down from the blue sensor failure. It appears that if the sensor is failing it splutters but will start, but if the sensor isn't connected it won't start. The only other alternative is that if the sensor is broke it will start then once unplugged you can run on a base map. My car was giving the occasional splutter even though the sensor was brand new so had to be the wire. Now works and starts first time but was idling slight off still.
This seemed be due to the sensor on the butter valve body being disconnected which must of been unplugged in the rashness of attempting a fix inside the edition snowfield. this plugged back in a running as should be.
Started on restoring the bodywork plastics
Began to do some wire hiding and moving stuff to give clean chassis legs.
The wiring has never looked great on this bay since I rushed it in so this is my main task up until Ultimate Dubs.
Never had a rev gauge working since I made the swap and some advise in the technical help earlier and turns out I had it on the wrong terminal on my coil.
Also if anyone has or knows of one of these steering wheels for sale please contact me.