Sign in to follow this  
boab

Audi A3 2.0 TDI..Limp mode?with code p0234

boab   

I'm looking for some technical help with a 2006 A3 2.0 TDI (BKD engine 140bhp with 75K). For a month or so i had problems at motorway speeds (80 mph+) of the car entering limp mode. Sometimes it gave a fault code, sometimes it didn't. It was however P0234 (overboost). I put this down to a possible carbon build up on the turbine vanes (apparantly a common issue). The turbo eventually packed in (main bearing) and i'm now enjoying a recon turbo. Problem is, it has still got the limp mode issue at higher speeds as before-giving the same fault code-overboost. I have an OBDII reader and the last fault gave me the following freeze frame data:

DTCFRZF P0234

LOAD_PCT (%) 71.4

ETC (F) 198

MAP (inHg) 69.4

RPM (/min) 3119

VSS (mph) 85

MAF (lb/min) 15.050

TP (%) 94.9

Is there anything in the above that could point me in the direction of finding what the problem is?

any help appreciated.cheers

Edited by boab

joe_60   

Im sure there is a modified wiring loom that goes from the ECU to the MAP sensor. There is a TPI on this if you visit your local Audi dealer :)

boab   

is this a recall from audi?whats wrong with harness?is it bad connections etc?cheers

Not a recall just a known repair vw/Audi put out to help diagnose faults faster and cheaper etc etc

The fault is resistance in the wiring causing an incorrect signal which causes the car to believe it's either under or over boosting causing the limp mode.

You can buy the loom required for about £30 iirc. It's not an impossible task, battery tray and airbox out, wipers off and scuttle off too, then run the new loom directly from the ecu to the sensor in the boost pipe. Is rather tricky taking ecu plugs apart if you've not done it before.

Yeah it does as it creates a false fault code!

The boost pressure and map sensor (2 into 1) is located in a solid boost pipe joining the intercooler and intake valve.

Yeah MAF or air mass is after the airbox before the turbo

lonn2se   

Hello. I have the same problem to my VW Golf -04 BKD engine.

What is the partnr (ETK). for the modified wiring loom?