Sign in to follow this  
dsw88

The mk5 jetta

dsw88   

Well i sold my polo 9n to some one on here :( but with that gone it let me move on to bigger and better things, so about 3 week ago i picked up a 2006 jetta 2.0 tdi sport with 49k and full vw service history and timing belt and water pump done, had afew ideas going round my head and wasnt sure what i wanted to do with the car modding wise.

Well here it is once id picked it up

e9712c40.jpg

c050e85e.jpg

Then after browsing the net for hours looking for wheels i finally found a set that i wanted so went and got them.

9f9c7b11.jpg

After id picked the wheels up they didnt go anywhere near the car till i'd bought some coilovers so the hunt went on for the coilovers, in the end i went for some fk ak streets, once they'd arrived it was a couple of days wait before a friend could fit them for me but what a difference it made when it was all sorted.

Work in progress

c89bf012.jpg

7fc0fef7.jpg

Then once wound down abit more and sitting better

0458c9dc.jpg

Thats the only decent pic ive got at the minute but will update once ive got some.

Let me know what you think

dsw88   

Not updated this in ages but not much has changed other than a remap, fitted a USA chrome grille and had the indicator running lights activated and got hold of some fat fives to run in the winter.

Here's afew pics with a mate when I was trying the fat fives and before I wound the coils down abit more.

20120311_134555.jpg

20120311_135306.jpg

20120311_142118.jpg

20120311_142622.jpg

Afew pics from the day before elsecar megameet.

IMAG0008-1.jpg

IMAG0006-1.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Love the jetta, hopefully I'll be picking mine up tomorrow. Where did you get the us chrome grill? If it was a dealer only job could I have the part number pretty please?

dsw88   

Yeah I'm from Doncaster, cheers for the comments guys, I bought the us grill off another forum its not a genuine grill but I priced one up with the dealer and they wanted about £150 for the grill

Tom.w   

Car's sitting well now Dan. What coilovers did you use? Have to get some shots of mine and yours together some time.

dsw88   

Cheers Tom, I'm using FK coilovers, wound all the way down on the front and still loads left on the rears with adjusters in, yeah some photos are needed of the jetta

ryanduff   

lovely looking Jetta dude, were did you get your new grill from as im looking for one for mine