Winston

Mk1 Scirocco Small Block Chic

Winston   

I love reading readers rides so thought it only fair to share. I have kept the car semi low key as ive tryed hard to make it abit different from the norm. I managed to get to VWNW and Edition38 show and shine. It shocked me the attention it got to be honest. It left many people scratching there heads, which was just what I wanted haha. Thanks to all the people that showed love at shows it made all the hours and late nights worth while.

For a full feature / story on the rocco. Thanks Harris - http://grandnostalgic.com/2011/09/mk1-scirocco-turbo/

My mate Scho took these awesome pictures for me. Thanks again dude! 

6269011390_c00601edb6_z.jpg

6269009504_b8b726a9e2_z.jpg

6268483529_a6a221a483_z.jpg

6269008882_1da6f1de91_z.jpg

6269008260_9c451ef83f_z.jpg

6268480649_ef37b3b379_z.jpg

Edited by Winston
photobucket is a *&£$

Winston   

Cheers guys ^_^

Also a big shout to all the people that have helped with the build. whether its parts or spanner time. you know who you ares and its been greatly appreciated. :wub:

I will get a video soon. It sounds like an ill tractor :lol:

Edited by Winston

My favourite car at edition this year. Love the engine. I'll he pm'ing you about some bit I think.

Love everything about it.

Small blocks for the win

Dan C   

Read the feature, is this on stock G40 internals then? risky for the boost isnt it? Tell me wrong though :)

Chaz!   

Lovely car this :) I love a g40 in anything but this is extra special

Me and my mate were looking round this for ages at vwnw, he's building a mk1 rocco too so yours was extra interesting hehe

Winston   

Cheers for all the love people :wub:

My favourite car at edition this year. Love the engine. I'll he pm'ing you about some bit I think.

Love everything about it.

Small blocks for the win

Cheers dude

Amen.. small blocks FTMFW

Read the feature, is this on stock G40 internals then? risky for the boost isnt it? Tell me wrong though :)

It was a full G40 head and bottom end but after running it about for a week or so there was something just not right. It was vibrating the car like mad, the exhaust got louder and louder as the car got slower and slower. It started running on 3 cylinders, this was due to one of the plugs being covered in oil. So 2 days before edition show and shine I cut my loses and just bolted all the turbo bits to a spare Mk1 1.3 to get to edition.

The clutch slips the moment it comes on boost, so you kinda have to ease it on boost. :lol: Im not really too bothered about this engine if it goes pop it goes pop :lol: .. I will rebuild the G40 bottom end and fit a soild lifter head over the winter as I love how old skool and original the engine looks at the minute. :wub:

With the correct timing and fueling a G40 should be pretty bomb proof.. Touch wood :lol:

R5gtt parts? Been wanting to do that to a 1272 for ages! AWESOME!

Yes a 5 turbo Solex carb and a K-tec T2/T25 Garrett turbo

Edited by Winston