Sign in to follow this  
MkIIJay

1990 Mk2 Golf

MkIIJay   

Wow, done quicker than I thought. Good news! The coilovers have full camber adjustment which I didn't realise. This made me very happy! What also made me happy was the guy saying "That car is ridiculously clean underneath"

Only down side is that it needs a full exhaust. It isn't connected at all :( No monies means it'll have to wait. It sounds like a tank!

Now, this needs winding down a little bit more as it needed raising just to get it off the ramp.

Photo time!

DSC04713.jpg

DSC04714.jpg

DSC04715.jpg

DSC04717.jpg

And my new sticker as I daren't go above 40mph

DSC04718.jpg

MkIIJay   

Just fired an email to a company down south about having some rather special wheels. Now waiting back for a quite in the work.

MkIIJay   

No secrets here. Current steels sand blasted with a 2" band. All depends on the price of the gold plating to be honest.

MkIIJay   

Just realised that I didn't actually say what I was doing wheel wise. Price approving, I'm having the current steels sand blasted, banded 2" and then completely gold played

Already sent off the quote request. Just waiting for a reply from them.

MkIIJay   

No update as of yet. Pay day is next week which will bring a new exhaust, pressed plates and maybe a GTi splitter. A few photos...

Golf2.jpg

Golf1.jpg

Golf4.jpg

actual 24crt gold plated? daaaayyyymnn!

looking sweet, awesome colour

MkIIJay   

actual 24crt gold plated? daaaayyyymnn!

looking sweet, awesome colour

That was the idea but as of yet, nowhere will even touch wheels as far as platin is concerned

Not giving up just yet though!

Can imagine they'd have to be minty smooth polished first? Not sure how well gold would hold up to brake dust etc either, would look hard as though :)

MkIIJay   

Sticker is staying lol

My other car is being picked up tomorrow so all being well, small bumper GTi splitter, pressed plates can be paid for tomorrow and a new exhaust the week after!

MkIIJay   

Photo whoring again! Decided to head into the older part of town where the Golf may look abit more at home...

Raw photos, no editing.

DSC05250.jpg

DSC05239.jpg

4 more days until the exhaust is fixed and the chassis notched so I can go lower!

MkIIJay   

At last! The Golf has some new wheels!

Fetched these earlier on. Need a good refurb which I'd planned earlier. Stuck them on, lowered the jack and it literally sat on the tyres. Couldn't move.

I then raised tthe car about 20mm meaning it will move but with very little lock. Drove it around trying to find a body shop that'd roll the arches. Turns out they want £200 to do two arches without paint or anything.

Stopped off at a tyre center that had a really good look and decided that the best route was to stretch tyres with a lower profile and that MAY solve the issue. Booked in for the 10th for those.

Unfortunately I was a complete idiot and did it all without axle stands. Got what I deserved when the car slipped off the jack with the subframe landing on my foot. Luckily a passing van stopped and jacked the car up again. Ripped trainers and alot of pain but I think i'm ok lol

8a550e59.jpg

DSC05403.jpg

DSC05404.jpg

MkIIJay   

are you keeping the teddy bears?

I think so, yes. I wanted gold plated wheels but nowhere would do it.

Always wanted a set of teddies!

MkIIJay   

3.30am and I was bored so dragged out the other half for a few photos.

DSC05531.jpg

DSC05559.jpg

DSC05565.jpg

Next up are pressed plates (I cancelled the order in favour of the teddies) and I'm currently hunting a GTi splitter to get the front down a little bit more!

If anyone knows of a 8v GTi splitter available, please point them my way! :)