Sign in to follow this  
MkIIJay

1990 Mk2 Golf

MkIIJay   

space the rears out dude ;)

other than that, I <3 Teddies! :D:lol:

Cheers dude!

I've had to have some slightly stretched tyres on the front due to catching the inner arches. Unfortunately that has left me pretty much skint :( The rear arches will need rolling before I can space the wheels. They already catch the arch occasionally.

Glad you like the Teddies, they're definitely a marmite thing. People either love them or hate them, no in between. Planning a full wheel refurb soon with something rather special for them ;)

have you removed the front helper springs? personally prefer the small splitters :) looks sick on the teddies though!

MkIIJay   

have you removed the front helper springs? personally prefer the small splitters :) looks sick on the teddies though!

I have indeed. The front can still go lower but then i'd be back with the problem of catching the arch. I also scrape on every speed hump and pot hole. However, I will be looking at going even lower soon. Static of course.

MkIIJay   

Does anyone know if the big bumper is required to fit a VR6 splitter or if it can be fitted to the front valance under the small bumper?

MkIIJay   

Update time!!

Started on the wheels this weekend! The lips were destroyed so it's taking quite a while. One down, three to go!

Before just to give you an idea:

Badtyre.jpg

After:

10f4d7aa.jpg

The eyes are proper button eyes where the black bit moves.

Hopefully get the other 3 done over the next two weeks!

Opinions?

MkIIJay   

Well, hoped at doing another tomorrow but a 12 hour shift means it won't be happening.

Just took this one to show a few friends at a local thing and everyone loved it! Well chuffed!

dubluv   

cool car bro, as previously said many many times, keep the body original! looks mint! will keep my eyes on this :D

MartyP   

Lol at the teddy's, fair play. As for the VR6 splitter... please dont, they fit awful and require chopping which finally concludes in them looking genuinely retarded.

I reckon some beige early spec interior would look awesome in this, would compliment the colour. And as for tyres, 185/55's would cut it!

MkIIJay   

Right, one wheel is complete so thought i'd get it on and see how it looks!

TeddyOnClose.jpg

TeddyOnFar.jpg

Roll on the next 3 days time off so I can get these finished!

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to change the thread title at all?

Thanks!

Edited by MkIIJay

solaris   

Oh my god, my daughter has just seen those wheels whilst I was browsing your thread....its the first time i've seen her so pasionate about a car, Thanks :lol:

MkIIJay   

Oh my god, my daughter has just seen those wheels whilst I was browsing your thread....its the first time i've seen her so pasionate about a car, Thanks :lol:

Haha cheers mate!

MkIIJay   

Here are a few amazing photos my girlfriend took yesterday.

DSC05854.jpg

DSC05858-2.jpg

DSC05858.jpg

DSC05859.jpg

DSC05865.jpg

DSC05869.jpg

DSC05869BW.jpg

Rather impressed with how they come out!

MkIIJay   

Now looking for ways of going lower. Some may have seen this in my other thread but here is the issue...

DSC06121.jpg

Subframe is as close to the floor as I dare go so trying to find a way around this.

GrRy   

This mk2 looks clean as mate, wheels are crazy LOL