Sign in to follow this  
Robert Lawson

Hose pipe ban...

clgale88   

if you have a blue badge then you are exempt from the ban

click on this link and click on replay, a lot of questions have been asked

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/livechat.htm

My dads got a blue badge does that mean i can still use are hosepipe :-)

the hose pipe ban is annoying! gone are the days where people used to leave thier hose pipe just sitting and running whilst cleaning the car

I use my foam lance to do a pre wash that use sod all water! using a pressure washer uses less water than throwing buckets of water over your car

(O.O)   

I dont believe that any technical/scientific evidence has gone into this decision, Buckets and watering can should be banned as with a hosepipe you use exactly what you need and with a watering can your using more than you need......fudging ridiculous!!!

Zubi   

easy - i have a deal with my neighbour, i wont tell on him and he wont tell on me. done deal :)

(O.O)   

easy - i have a deal with my neighbour, i wont tell on him and he wont tell on me. done deal :)

I wouldnt worry to much apparently only a very small number of people were successfully prosecuted last after 1000's of complaints

rje   

Ive read that water companies will not be prosecuting because of time and expense.

Did mine at the weekend with buckets of water. Is a bit more messy and seems to use more water as goes everywhere. But better to be safe than sorry. Think the ban makes most people think more about weather to wash their car or not than others.

Si

.Sambo.   

Are you lot seriously saying you can use the same amount of water aslong as it doesn't come out of a hosepipe? :blink::unsure: Like really? :wacko:

Glad I'm not in the affected area, I leave mine running on from the first rinse to putting the car away :wub:

Are you lot seriously saying you can use the same amount of water aslong as it doesn't come out of a hosepipe? :blink::unsure: Like really? :wacko:

Technically, you could leave a tap running for 3 weeks straight with no problems. Plug a hose onto that tap and you could get a fat off fine :blink:

Using a hose with a trigger thing on the end is sorta using a tap so whats the problem!

:lol:

dont know if my area is affected but I think this will be my arrangement if it is

stuarty   

i dont live in the uk but couldnt you fill a barrel of water and run a power washer from it ?

Think that's been suggested with the water butt idea

l44bmx   

Water butt........ Best thing and a hose attached they cant say nothing asked the local fuzz as well as it's water the naturally filled it through fall but....... If not u can always buy a weed pump spray bottle and use that they have five litre capacitys and are decent I use mine to gent ally take all the suds of after and there is enough to do my whole car and turn the jet up and u can use them before! Elite car care sell them for about 30 but if you are smart and go b n q them u get em for £12! Easy money!