Sign in to follow this  
dooka

AF Tripple

dooka   

Now, I get asked a lot, which filler glaze/product to use. And now that Auto Finesse sponsor this section, I thought it best to post a picture of how well AF Tripple works..

I don't really need to say much, as the picture speaks for itself..

Tripple is a cleaner polish with fillers and a mild sealant, so an All In One [AIO] product. It cleans well, fillers stupidly well and puts down a layer of sealant, perfect for topping with a wax or non Nano Sealant, such as tough coat. Tough Coat over Tripple looks amazing on blacks by the way :)..

tripple.jpg

Edited by dooka

Plaid   

Keep looking at getting some tripple, How well does it compare to SRP (presume is very similar?)

Plaid   

did you apply by hand or machine?

With a 50/50 shot like that it would suggest a machine.

Thanks for posting up your thoughts on Tripple Rob

Here's some more info and a product showcase on Tripple, there's good reason for it to be one of our best sellers :D

Tripple is our all in one, polish, glaze & wax, its ideal for cleaning up tiered paint when times tight, or for polishing, glazing and waxing door jambs & underbonnet paint up, as it removes water marks with easy.

Anyway, here it is in action on our little Mini test panel, basically showing its polishing and glazing abilities :

DSC04436-1.jpg

DSC04442-1.jpg

DSC04445-1.jpg

DSC04448.jpg

DSC04450-1.jpg

DSC04452-1.jpg

DSC04462.jpg

DSC04464-1.jpg

UPDATED WITH A LITTLE BEADING ACTION:

1-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

Any questions?

James

jlw41   

just had a nose at this on DW James said;

Yes that was just by hand' date=' it can be used by DA if you wanted to, but not by rotary,

As i said its a mixture of polishing to remove them and glazes to fill.

Tripple is £7.95 for 250ml or £12.95 for 500ml

You can find more info here: http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/#/tripple/4551479161[/quote']

dooka   

My pleasure James..

I applied via DA on speed 3. It can be applied by hand, as above.

As for a comparison against SRP, Tripple is mile ahead in it's abilities. Probably one of the best fillers out there. Paint is nice and slick after too, ready for a sealant or wax of your choice. I like Tripple and Tough Coat as a combo :)..

Is that the bonnet you use at shows James, if so, I hate to imagine how many layers of wax it has :)..

Edited by dooka

Heavenly   

Yes it does have very very fine micro abrasives in that generally will work along the lines of rounding edges of swirls off then leaving the glaze to fill the remainder. Its what a product should do , it means that light cannot hit an edge but bounces off at a variety of degrees which in turn combined with filling leaves an almost corrected apperance. The other main thing is it doesnt dust like srp , its filling ability is on a par and we all know its srp,s strongest point but Tripple blows it away on looks. Ive sent a long email off to Autofinesse stating if they could product a product that works aswell as tripple in its glazing abilities without the final lsp installed it would probably be in gallon drums in my work area. I do believe they are working on something now along these lines..

Is that the bonnet you use at shows James, if so, I hate to imagine how many layers of wax it has :)..

Yer, one of three, this is the one that goes on the "try before you buy table" at the indoor events, its a little swirled up right now, im going to strip it all back and correct up half before wax stock and leave the other side to demo Tripple on. :) The MK2 bonnet is the worst right now im trying to get it to fade before the show but my best efforts are failing right now :(

So no micro abrasives? Just fillers?

It has DAT, micro diminishing abrasives yes, thats the key to a good AiO ;)

Yes it does have very very fine micro abrasives in that generally will work along the lines of rounding edges of swirls off then leaving the glaze to fill the remainder. Its what a product should do , it means that light cannot hit an edge but bounces off at a variety of degrees which in turn combined with filling leaves an almost corrected apperance. The other main thing is it doesnt dust like srp , its filling ability is on a par and we all know its srp,s strongest point but Tripple blows it away on looks. Ive sent a long email off to Autofinesse stating if they could product a product that works aswell as tripple in its glazing abilities without the final lsp installed it would probably be in gallon drums in my work area. I do believe they are working on something now along these lines..

Its been in the pipeline a while now mate, im pretty sure you will like it, i have all the labeling etc in, i just need to get it on the line and filled/labeled up.

Edited by James-B

Heavenly   

Its been in the pipeline a while now mate, im pretty sure you will like it, i have all the labeling etc in, i just need to get it on the line and filled/labeled up and a gallon sent out to you :lol:

The MK2 bonnet is the worst right now im trying to get it to fade before the show but my best efforts are failing right now :(

Just take it to your local £5 car wash a few times, they should get it suitably dull...

N8s   

Used tripple yesterday, thumbs up from me James! :wub:

Geeman®   

Me too... the wife's A4 looks fantastic after just an hours work. Fully recommend it!