Sign in to follow this  
vw turbo

Mk2 Golf GTi 1.8l 8v restoration

vw turbo   

So it's been a while since have been on the forum, due to many things but mainly restoration of house with latest addition a grade 2 Victorian house. However, in between all this I have bought a little Mk2 project to also restore.

The car is a Mk2 Golf GTi 1.8l 8v early model D reg, the car has been stored in dry condition in a garage on a lift for 15years. Spotted whilst my daily was getting some spray work repairs done, I couldn't leave it there for another 15years, so bought!!. It has all the original parts with it with only 4 previous owners.

Poor little thing looks unloved and tired but will be brought back to life in the near future.

I am amazed on condition of all the parts and shell considering age and been stored for so long. I unpacked the car which was rammed with parts and in the process to see if any bits are missing.

Plan is to restore back to oem with except of MAYBE the engine but not fully decided yet.

Model is type 19 so has small bumpers, front door quarter light windows with mirrors mounted on the door panel.

Looking forward to working on it, when I remember how to get photos on my posts will upload them.

I am sure I will be asking for help, opinions and advise on getting the Golf back to its forma glory

Regards

Carl

Edited by vw turbo

vw turbo   

Is there good app to use to convert photo files to URL? So can post on here?

Edited by vw turbo

Mont   

The wife must have taken that thumb off your forehead to let you buy that mate

vw turbo   

I know, some reigns released. I ve probably done more to it in 2weeks than you have in 7years to your mk 2 golf conversion

Edited by vw turbo

Mont   

Cars gone mate, getting built as we speak haha. Engines probably knackered now mind but time will tell