1785 replies to this topic

#1 felondnb

felondnb

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

Hi all,

I've just signed up to this forum after quite some time lurking & thought I'd introduce myself and my car. I'm Matt & I've had my A4 for nearly 2 years now. I had enough set aside to get the project going within weeks of picking the car up, so I've missed a few stages out.

Also, my DSLR got stolen in Cape Town & I've not replaced it, so the later pics are from my iPhone (and hence poop)...

Pretty much as I got it, bar some inPro chrome mirror cases:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then I had FK Konigsport coilovers fitted & some eBay-sourced late-spec clear cornered headlights:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then I sold all 5 OEM 18"s and bought 8.5x19" BBS LM replicas in hyper silver with a polished lip. The wheels are golf fitment ET45 so I had to fit 17.5mm spacers to clear the front calipers, which I got from the US company ECS Tuning. I fitted 17.5mm all round to keep it all even, though with the drop & the spacers, the back passenger side rubs a bit & the tyre wore through the plastic backed felt/carpet wheel arch liner on a long journey.

These were taken quickly before I went to Cape Town & I didn't set it up properly... then my camera got stolen so after these, please ignore the quality (or lack thereof!)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also fitted some RS4 pedals, alloy tax disc holder & Audi RNS-E SatNav, all acquired via eBay (didn't clean the interior for these pics though!):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then that's how it stayed for around 9 months or so... the only thing I bought in that time was a car cover as my flat had 2 large trees either side of the car park & the paint was getting ruined by bird crap & sap. Then I ran over a random bit of metal on my way to Brighton which tore through my front splitter & ripped a massive hole in the inside wall of my tyre when I was doing about 70mph, so the splitter came off.

However more recently I've got back on the case and fitted a new Cupra splitter and painted my calipers red, along with fitting some under-the-bonnet tidying up bits: the scuttle panel plastic, battery cover insert & engine bay side panel found in the RS4; and an R8 oil cap. Having the 1st splitter as a guide really helped as I was able to perfect the fit the 2nd time around.

Some more crap pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I've got some 15mm spacers to go on the rear as I don't want to raise it really & that should help give it a fraction more clearance with people in the back and I want to replace the curbed LM reps with some new ones (only £100 more than all 4 being refurbished) ...and maybe have a go at repairing & polishing the current ones, or failing that, keep the best one as a spare.

I promise I'll get some decent pics soon - just need to spend some money on a new camera & not my car!

Cheers,
Matt.

#2 Mr. Ski

Mr. Ski

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

I Like that!

#3 brad mole

brad mole

iDubber "Big Mince"

• Forum Member
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

lovely, id love one of those, keep us updated matey

#4 JL.

JL.

"Mincing Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

awesome :wub:

#5 bluegolf

bluegolf

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Lovely car mate

#6 oak16

oak16

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

Some very nice touches. Have you got a link for the clear headlights?

#7 linezy

linezy

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

love it :wub:

#8 Guest_Sampson3000_*

Guest_Sampson3000_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

Sweet that looks neat!

#9 Guest_Sampson3000_*

Guest_Sampson3000_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

Ohh yeah i'm not sure if it was you but was you in b'ham about 2 weeks back? seen a black A4 behind me looking low then turned off onto chester road with those LM's on. (I was in a really dirty MK3 in green :P )

Edited by Sampson3000, 26 October 2009 - 07:23 PM.

#10 Bally

Bally

dubclub

• Forum Member
  • 13,420 posts
  • Interests:oldskool / static

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

very nice B)

#11 famous

famous

why so serious?

• Forum Member
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:-ink
    -football
    -weights
    -boxing
    -ufc

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

love that. sell me it :wub:

#12 nayr

nayr

iDubber Leg End

• Forum Member
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

Want.

:wub:

#13 felondnb

felondnb

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

Thanks guys :)

Ohh yeah i'm not sure if it was you but was you in b'ham about 2 weeks back? seen a black A4 behind me looking low then turned off onto chester road with those LM's on. (I was in a really dirty MK3 in green :P )

No, I live in London so that's not me... and I've never even been to Birmingham! I'm told I'm not missing much though ;) hehe

Some very nice touches. Have you got a link for the clear headlights?

No, sorry... I got them separately from two different breakers yards via eBay - it took me a while to source a pair. Trouble is now I wish I'd upgraded to the bi-xenons.

I've got some new H7 bulbs ready to go in which should help, but it's a bumper-off job just to change the damn bulbs.

Just had a look on eBay & found these on separate listings:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item45e6f617a8

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item45e6f61835

Edited by felondnb, 26 October 2009 - 11:17 PM.

#14 felondnb

felondnb

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

Oh yeah, I had the car booked in with Longlife exhausts on Saturday but got wasted on Friday night & was in no fit state to drive come the morning, so I was pissed off with myself for that! I was only getting them to replace the Special Edition black tailpipes as I prefer polished stainless ones - they were going to weld on some slightly larger (4") versions to fill the bumper cut-outs a bit better.

Oh well... Next month maybe I'll be a bit better behaved!

#15 Mr Mo

Mr Mo

wrapped up warm with the roof off!

• Forum Member
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

looks sick mate! :wub: :wub:

really feeling an a4 next

#16 xcarlyx

xcarlyx

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,143 posts
  • Interests:-Driving
    -Show season
    -Shopping
    -Riding

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

very very stunning :) gutting about your dslr though!

#17 felondnb

felondnb

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

very very stunning :) gutting about your dslr though!

Thanks - I'm defo pleased with the car.

As for the camera, I stupidly left it in the boot of my friend's car when we went to the beach - we all had cameras on us plus a load of bags, so I left mine behind :( We did a sky dive so I had what I thought was the top whack premium insurance but it only covered up to £200 for electronics which was probably around 1/4 of the total value... not to mention all the photos I took. Argh! Oh well, pay day on Friday so I think I'll get another Canon EOS 450D but just the body & get a better lense as the kit one was pretty crap.

I read your build thread - the Lupo looks great!

#18 felondnb

felondnb

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

I'm just looking on eBay at wheel options as my LM reps are looking a bit curb-shy!

I'd quite like some dished 5 spoke alloys, perhaps these:

Posted Image

What do you think? They're meant for a Merc, so the fronts are 8.5" ET33 and the rears are 9.5" ET35

I'm just waiting for one of the US guys on audizine.com to reply to me about whether it'll rub or not as he has the same staggered fitment & tyres.

#19 Guest_Sampson3000_*

Guest_Sampson3000_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks guys :)

No, I live in London so that's not me... and I've never even been to Birmingham! I'm told I'm not missing much though ;) hehe

Hmm... I see! But you know what you're damm right you aint missing much lol

#20 felondnb

felondnb

iDubber "Big Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

I've just bought some 2x2 twill carbon fibre cloth & some epoxy resin to skin some plastic engine bay parts. I'm going to start with my RS4 side section and if it goes well, I may do a few other bits such as the scuttle insert and actual engine cover itself.

I'll post pics once done, of course!