• 15,076 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio!
    Chassis mods
    Wheels
    Car audio
    Fitment
    Car audio

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

So we get a huge amount of people contacting us about deadening, costs/times/what it does etc....

So i'll go through my opinions, its pointless me going through costs as its all car/installation specific so this will be kept on a personal basis but here goes..

Firstly the deadening i use and sell on a supply basis is dynamat, superlight or extreme it all depends on the car/finished product..

Secondly, It isn't all about audio, sound deadening has a massive effect on a cars general characteristics, the way it feels/sounds on the road to the way the doors shut when you exit the vehicle. i've put this in so many none audio related cars and it really does transform an noisy rattly classic into something a lot more pleasurable to drive with a more "luxury marque" feel.

Sound wise, again an outstanding product, not only keeping your noise in the car, but keeping everyone else's noise out. by changing the frequencies the panels rattle (thus making high pitched noises/rattles/zing's etc) to a much lower frequency the noise within the car is reduced dramatically which means the noise you like (music) can be heard a hell of a lot clearer! so much is lost by excess noise in a car its unbelievable and it isn't just classics!

anyway, hers a few pictures of jobs we've taken on deadening wise, be it for a sound car or not....

superlight, 2/3 the deadening, 1/2 the weight!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

extreme, heavier but the best possible deadening from dynamat products.

Posted Image

Posted Image

different car - (some oldskool dynamat no longer available and a mix of newer extreme, 3 layers on trans tunnel and inner arch's!

Posted Image

Posted Image

another car, a mixture of both!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So yeah there's a few, it's a fantastic product which needs to be experienced first hand to be believed.

Give us a shout if its something you are interested in, and like iv'e said it needn't be a sound car to warrant an extra bit of comfortability.

Shakey :)

#2 DannyEss

DannyEss

Meet Whore!

• Forum Member
  • 8,013 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

That's my car in the first extreme picture :wub:

but it seriously does change everything. Had it put in when i had my audio done by the man himself and the sound that stays in the car is awesome. Was quite amazed too that you can put the stereo quite loud and you can stand outside and can barely hear it.

#3 deeknwhy

deeknwhy

Junior iDubber

• 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

where is the superlight stuff available from?

#4 benjer182

benjer182

iDubber "Big Mince"

• Forum Member
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

How much dynamat would you use to do a complete mk2 golf 3 door, doors boot roof etc ( the works )? And how much would you personally charge to do it ?

#5 Shakey™

Shakey™

COME AT ME

• Forum Advertiser
  • 15,076 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio!
    Chassis mods
    Wheels
    Car audio
    Fitment
    Car audio

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

3 bulk packs dude, although we are using Skins now also which is more cost effective.

Approx 100 sqft.

I'll pm you a price.

#6 l44bmx

l44bmx

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

3 bulk packs dude, although we are using Skins now also which is more cost effective.

Approx 100 sqft.

I'll pm you a price.

Pm me a price to mate..

Mk2 golf cheers

#7 Drewie

Drewie

My name's Callum

• Forum Member
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Can I get one of them pm's aswell? Mk2 golf also

#8 Drewie

Drewie

My name's Callum

• Forum Member
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

Can I get one of them pm's aswell? Mk2 golf also

Bump, in superlight like the first car in that bunch of pictures, but in a mk2 golf please.