• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Addictive

Addictive

"Mincing Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hey guys, looking to get some 18's refinished, minimal curbing but its there, no chunks missing though.

I've been looking around online and I noticed prices vary quite a bit.

Anyone have a rough idea how much I should expect to pay for a GOOD high shine silver finish on a set of 18's?

I'm assuming powdercoat is tougher but not as shiney right? I'm tempted by a black chrome finish (e39 m5 style) but I was quoted £400 by one place and that's now out of the questions as I could buy a set of decent new rims for a couple hundred more!

Any advice/tips appreciated.

Abdul :)

#2 clgale88

clgale88

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Gym, Mountain biking, chilling with mates

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hi mate give us a call search Lepsons swindon on google there be able to give u a price

#3 Addictive

Addictive

"Mincing Pigeon"

• Forum Member
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

I want somewhere a bit closer to home mate or else I have to factor in courier costs both ways etc.

Thanks anyway.

#4 gilybob

gilybob

iDubber "Big Mince"

• Forum Member
  • 1,578 posts
  • Interests:mma, cinema, mtb, my family, cars

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Powder coat is very shiny after a laquer has been put on it if there is kerbings then yr gunna have to pay to get it out so basically there's a couple of ways to get yr done ..
1 get them stripped about 5-10 pound per wheel get damage out powder coat paint then laquer this way you get whole wheel looking mint.. Yr looking at about £55-100 per wheel depending who does it ..or
Get a smart repair on it by the man in the van he won't touch the inside of the wheel he will repair damage and spray the fronts of wheel looking at around £30-60 per wheel at a guess I've never used them

Also if yr wheels r splits then expect to pay more pm if you want any more info I could prob do yr wheels for less than 400 that inc stripping and any diamond cutting

#5 robot22sri

robot22sri

iDubber "Big Mince"

• Forum Member
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:long walks in the park!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Abs go to lepsons at gillingham, i am going to a place near me on saturday to look at thier work http://www.paintituk.com/

#6 gilybob

gilybob

iDubber "Big Mince"

• Forum Member
  • 1,578 posts
  • Interests:mma, cinema, mtb, my family, cars

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

lepsons are expensive in my opinion

#7 shamstar

shamstar

If you ain't first...your last!

• Forum Member
  • 6,953 posts
  • Interests:mk1's

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Lepsoms are more expensive than some, but the quality is second to none.

Addul, if you want to get your wheels done, give me a call, my guy will powder coat and diamond cut if needed, not too much either. :)

#8 luckys3

luckys3

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Another vote for lepsons, they may not be £30 a wheel but you pay a slight premium for a quality end result.

#9 clgale88

clgale88

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

How can you say that pay for what you get wheels come out like brand new and if there just powder coated then £50-£60 a wheel isnt really that bad to be honest.

#10 clgale88

clgale88

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Pay for what you get our work at lepsons is good wheels come out like new the quality is amazing £50-£60 for a wheel powder coated in my opion isnt that bad

#11 luckys3

luckys3

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I have to disagree as well, lepsons are absolutely spot with the quality of their work and to be fair reasonably priced. I suppose they are expensive compared to the £15 a corner backstreet hit or miss job.

#12 turboben

turboben

Junior iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

i would come out to your home adress and refurb all 4 alloys there and then for £220 all in

i may not be the cheapest around but you pay for what you get and your only without your alloys for a couple of hours why im working on them then the car is fine to drive again you dont have to remove them and be without them for a couple of days like some powder coaters

#13 hooley

hooley

iDubber

• Forum Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I think it's called BJV engineering, based in Flaunden, bucks. Costs about £200 for a fancy finish or £180 silver

J