Sign in to follow this  
the pinstriper

"rustowagen" mk1caddy -cross flow yoooo

Considered overriders myself joe but they silly money lol. Now on the look out for a rear chrome bumper, got my eyes on 1 but then i gotta hack it up haha.

I really dont wanna take my valver off the road when i decide to rebuild mine though. may have to make another mk1 caddy 16v to runabout in lol, either that or get back into doing bits on the van.

We will see :D

Edited by caddyrage

Considered overriders myself joe but they silly money lol. Now on the look out for a rear chrome bumper, got my eyes on 1 but then i gotta hack it up haha.

I really dont wanna take my valver off the road when i decide to rebuild mine though. may have to make another mk1 caddy 16v to runabout in lol, either that or get back into doing bits on the van.

We will see :D

yeh i no they aren't cheap but i want some so ile pay what i have to i suppose :ph34r: same for opening quauters too. yeh i no what you mean about the rear bumper. should hopefuly pik a couple of raw metal ones up from a show this year and make a couple of sets.

nah keep the van going strong bud, u going to keep ur valver on injection? think it would look smart if u just cleaned ur bay up, remove the seam sealer fill the heater holes etc, run a bedal box but keep the motor on injection but have all hidden wiring too ^_^

A shed load of thaught has gone into this and i like the fact your getting your hands dirty ..

Hombrew FTW

cheers buddy, cant beat getting your hands dirty on ur own car if you ask me, homebrew projects are the future ^_^

fantastic thread buddy, the bed is a pure credit to the amount of time and effort you've put into the build!

Know what u mean bout the bay too, went half way with mine this year, whole hog next year so looking forward to seein how yours pans out, love fully restored caddys!

Keep up the good work bud

fantastic thread buddy, the bed is a pure credit to the amount of time and effort you've put into the build!

Know what u mean bout the bay too, went half way with mine this year, whole hog next year so looking forward to seein how yours pans out, love fully restored caddys!

Keep up the good work bud

cheers fella. i am going back to the bed as i want it to be perfect, may cut a bit out and replace it with some sections my mate cut out of his mint bed, (long story lol) so will get those welded in so it should be a bit flatter.

yeh the bay is a big slog but happy now its getting closer towards the end! sure there will be bits ive missed which i will only see once the primer is on, but thats part of it i suppose. not looking foward to the wiring as i dont have a clue what to do! not that i no what im doing elsewhere lol hope to have it don by next year when im 19, 20 is the dead line :wub:

Some really top class work on this and you say that you are learning to weld on this project thats top stuff

Cant wait to see the finished item keep up the good work

Some really top class work on this and you say that you are learning to weld on this project thats top stuff

Cant wait to see the finished item keep up the good work

i cant wait for the bay to be done let alone the rest of it lol cheers for the comment chap

so, today dave came over to finish all the welding jobs in the bay, was lots to do but as always dave got them all done. all that it needs now is to sand the filler down and re skim etc (as per usual) didnt get as many pics as i thought. lots more has been done but i forgot to take in between photos after welding before filler, and as is hasnt been sanded yet theres no point putting a picture up of a blob of filler.

few of the holes not normaly seen from above the bay, but i no they are there, probaly would have never seen them anyway but didnt like them, so dave got rid of them for me as it was a bit fidley for my welding skills.

before

thewhitecaddy461.jpg

after

thewhitecaddy465.jpg

thewhitecaddy466.jpg

now has a skim of filler on to get perfectly smooth.

also the other side

thewhitecaddy462.jpg

didnt get one before the filler went on, only got this one but u get the idea.

thewhitecaddy476.jpg

chasis legs also got notched, used 3" exhaust tubing we had, fitted like a glove.

market out, before

thewhitecaddy458.jpg

welded in

thewhitecaddy468.jpg

thewhitecaddy469.jpg

trimmed off and ground up

thewhitecaddy470.jpg

thewhitecaddy471.jpg

thewhitecaddy472.jpg

thewhitecaddy473.jpg

then one of the drivers side being done just before it got welded in.

thewhitecaddy474.jpg

got more bits done here and there odd brackets removed also, will get the other pictures up once they are sanded and etch primed along with the before pics aswel to see the difference.

hope you enjoyed all comments welcome as usual....

nice thats looking sick mate, all those smaller mods will make a massive impact, the notch looks factory-spec. its getting there slowly but surely B)

nice thats looking sick mate, all those smaller mods will make a massive impact, the notch looks factory-spec. its getting there slowly but surely B)

cheres dude, yeh really pleased how the notches come out actually ^_^

couple more pics from what i got done today, jodie also helped so got a few fidly bits done. most of the sanding was done with our fingures and now are really sore! anyways hope you enjoy will let the pics do the talking.

before

thewhitecaddy463.jpg

bracket gone, and the two other holes which were going to be used for the twin throttle linkage set up but now going to run a sinlge cable.

thewhitecaddy477.jpg

thewhitecaddy478.jpg

etched up

thewhitecaddy484.jpg

pass side lower area, the hole gone where the brake lines used to run. Still needs work between the upper and lowre section.

thewhitecaddy480.jpg

thewhitecaddy481.jpg

drivers side needs doing still

thewhitecaddy479.jpg

all etched up

thewhitecaddy485.jpg

thewhitecaddy486.jpg

thewhitecaddy487.jpg

thewhitecaddy483.jpg

overall look of the pass side of the bay which is the clostest side to being finished

thewhitecaddy488.jpg

all comments welcome as usual guys....

wooo update without filler content! started to collect parts now if any come up, had my tailgate since edition last year, euro front bumper and now this fine piece of rarity, big thanks to matty for texting me whilst i was at work to check it out on my phone, then him pm'ing the seller for me so i got it!

thewhitecaddy491.jpg

think im going to get dan to make me a cap for it, and match the pattern.

the cover is going to be painted along with everything else before it goes on, leaving it the colours it is now but just a lot better.

wooohoooo more filler pictures yoooo, finally got another section completed, ready for some primer. upper front panel, all holes welded up i dont need. just have the 2 rad hanger holes, bonnet prop holder and the two small ones are for the small plate with the vehicle number etc on as i want it to look stock still but with all the ugly bits gone.

welded up the holes which normal hold the bonnet catch cable up but i dont need that, pic of jodie getting stuck in too, just grinding the tops flush with a dremel.

thewhitecaddy495.jpg

and the rest of the usual filler stuff

thewhitecaddy499.jpg

thewhitecaddy500.jpg

thewhitecaddy501.jpg

thewhitecaddy502.jpg

thewhitecaddy505.jpg

thewhitecaddy507.jpg

all etched up now, will get more pics up of the lower section once i hopefully finish that up tomorrow.

all comments welcome.......

I think we need some pics of you working on it :P

or have you grown your hair :lol:

how can i work and take a pic of me working mr matty? :blink: maybe ive just grown my hair anyway :wub:

some really nice mods there fella. its going to look amazing once done

cheers fella, the bay is getting there now, hoping to have the front end finished up today ^_^

Strong work :ph34r: :ph34r:

cheers dude :wub:

pics can explain them selves in tonights update as im running late to go to my girlfriends for dinner, enjoy peeps

thewhitecaddy517.jpg

thewhitecaddy518.jpg

thewhitecaddy519.jpg

thewhitecaddy531.jpg

tried to put the seam sealer back in neatly but didnt work, may take it back out and try again

thewhitecaddy531.jpg

thewhitecaddy532.jpg

thewhitecaddy533.jpg

thewhitecaddy534.jpg

thewhitecaddy535.jpg

thewhitecaddy536.jpg

still some to do this side

thewhitecaddy537.jpg

thewhitecaddy538.jpg

wings on, grille in place and rad bolted in, looks a bit more like a mk1 now!

thewhitecaddy542.jpg

thewhitecaddy544.jpg

thewhitecaddy545.jpg

thewhitecaddy543.jpg

thewhitecaddy551.jpg

thewhitecaddy554.jpg

thewhitecaddy556.jpg

how i felt this morning!

thewhitecaddy512.jpg

sponsred by UPOL lol

thewhitecaddy522.jpg

thewhitecaddy524.jpg

Looking damn fine! Love that rocker cover. Bit jealous actually <_<

What's the rad from fella?

cheers dude, i got it off here had to put up a bit of a fight for it! i got the rad new from cambridge radiators, ive been told its the same spec as an early gti one.

Mate that is coming on nicely. Smoothing is such a thankless job.......trick with the sealer is to mask your lines first. Gun it on down the middle between the masking tape strips then smooth with a brush.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Tim

cheers dude, i got it off here had to put up a bit of a fight for it! i got the rad new from cambridge radiators, ive been told its the same spec as an early gti one.

Magic. May have to quiz you for a part number sometime :lol:

Awsome project, makes me wish i had the time and space for something like this.