Sign in to follow this  
Deutschbag

Mk1 Golf

Bought a mk1 golf as my first car, thought i would post my progress so far on it.

Ebay photos,

7bf4_1.jpg

7b19_1.jpg

77a4_1.jpg

76b0_1.jpg

75f4_1.jpg

7512_1.jpg

First picture when i had picked her up.

No bumpers or windscreen

n513529691_1947757_9569.jpg

Bumpers and windscreen fitted

n513529691_1947760_256.jpg

n513529691_1947764_1157.jpg

New Interior

n513529691_1947765_1384.jpg

New badge

n513529691_1947759_27.jpg

Bought some BBS RA's

Test fit,

DSC_00017.jpg

DSC_00018.jpg

Wheel refurb

DSC_00029.jpg

DSC_00036.jpg

DSC_00033.jpg

The after all that decided i want something smaller so now swaping for some 13's :love:

Got a new steering wheel not to everyones taste,

DSC_00012.jpg

A little something I made to hang from the rear view mirror.

DSC_00047.jpg

The engine bay at the moment. A lot of scrubbing and painting to do.

DSCF3863.jpg

A clean mark on cylinder 1 must have been leaking a bit of coolant.

DSCF3868.jpg

The head,

DSCF3869.jpg

The crap left from someone trying to do a fast fix on the head gasket with some engine sealant.

DSCF3870.jpg

May have got a bit ahead of myself with the sticker "praise the lowered" but you can see my pressed plates are on.

DSCF3867.jpg

Had a dent in the bonnet so had to do something about that,

The dent,

DSCF3897.jpg

Rubbing down,

DSCF3903.jpg

Rubbed down,

DSCF3906.jpg

Primer,

DSCF3907.jpg

Sticker on,

DSCF3912.jpg

Matt Black,

DSCF3915.jpg

Sticker off and finished,

DSCF3923.jpg

On the car now,

DSCF3924.jpg

DSCF3925.jpg

I'm now in the process of rubbing down and painting the front valence matt black to match the bonnet.

The car without the bonnet,

DSCF3900.jpg

And the Bay after cleaning,

DSCF3898.jpg

Front is now sprayed matt black. Still might do a westy front end but not any time soon,

DSCF4086.jpg

Got some stickers and a new aerial as well. :D

DSCF4078.jpg

DSCF4082.jpg

Bought a roof rack from ebay, should be coming next week, going to paint it all black. :)

The only chrome I'm going to have on this car is on the lips of the wheels which i should be getting soon, they are 13" bbs RA style alloys, going to get the centres powder coated orange and have polished lips, then all i need is some coilovers and i will be happy. :D

Had some old seats in my garage doing nothing so today decided to rip the covers off (where beyond repair anyway)

Look pritty ratty could put them in for shows and stuff, sure won't want to keep them in long though, not quite as comfortable as they where before. :)

Here is the drivers seat

DSCF4104.jpg

So,

Change of plan, Not getting the 13" BBS RA's now,

Getting these 13x7 revolution wheels,

CIMG0220.jpg

Will need to do a refurb on them but should look good after there done. :)

Roof rack now back and on, also the paint has been stripped from my new wheels and started to polish the lips,

DSCF4248.jpg

DSCF4249.jpg

Wheels,

DSCF4256.jpg

DSCF4258.jpg

DSCF4260.jpg

Also some more stickers,

DSCF4251.jpg

Got some clearance issues on the front. Callipers stick out to much and the wheel won't sit flat to the hub, feeling some spacers are needed. Will have to make some up. :)

A quick photoshop of how i wish my car would sit. Not sure coilovers will go that low though and still be able to be driven daily. No money for air bags so will just have to run that little bit higher.

Mk1golf2.jpg

goin to look cool man. gota keep it blue tho shurley?

best first car you could have man but it probably settin you up for a life addicted to the shed life lol!

Was just sprayed blue when i bought it so its staying for now at least, Really like yellow, green and brown mk1's though. Not any time soon though :D

amazing first car! i had a 106 lol! then i saw the error in my ways! keep the progress coming i wnna see how this turns out!

Thanks for the comments, also recently got a 8 ball gear knob and put the "Golf C" Badge back on, previous owner removed it and filled in the holes. :)

My birthday's next month so hopefully some coilovers will be on soon. :D

how much you buy it for? i won it on ebay and he told me he would fit a windscreen and then i could come pic it up then after a while of putting things off he stopped reply to me and stopped ansering his phone. looks nice tho

how much you buy it for? i won it on ebay and he told me he would fit a windscreen and then i could come pic it up then after a while of putting things off he stopped reply to me and stopped ansering his phone. looks nice tho

Paid about

yeah i bid on this too! i love what you've done, alot better than i would have done. where did you get your plates from, PM me dude. keep up the good work, will be good to see what you do with it!

Sorry for the lack of updates, Not rebuilding the engine anymore going to be putting in a 1.3 engine, only £80 and less mileage then the 1.1, so didnt really see the point in spending the money on the 1.1 to get it running.

All wheels now polished, Painted the 2 of them now, decided to go red, looks nice against the polished lips.

Here are a couple of pics,

DSCF4846.jpg

DSCF4849.jpg

Just 2 more to do now, still waiting on my spigot rings though. Tyres are on the way.

Should be ordering my coilovers soon, then it will be MOT time.

I'm a student so will probably just be getting the hot tunning ones. Seem ok for the money.

Grant

US side markers FTW!!! Only got the rears though, need to find some fronts. Anyone know of any around?

DSCF5033.jpg

You get the spigot rings? How much they cost you?

Yeh all fitted, cost me like £15 from ebay mate.