i`m not thinking of a quick bodge up with silicone jobby i`m just gonna use the flange and ally tack the runners on then get them tig`d up.

Ahh cool carry on pretend i said nothing :ph34r:

I'd you were going to do something like Webbers would you need all the same KR bits?

Yes, the KR bits do the spark...

getting close to sorting out the wiring for mine now and was wondering if i can remove the pins from the 90's spec engine loom plug and re-pin into the pre 90's plug so i don't need to replace the fuse box and the rest of the dash loom?

i can get a stainless inlet flange made up for you mate if you wanted stainless instead of aluminium? pm me if interested

Thisis mine:

9027_272960490443_862220443_9127461_8238636_n.jpg

can also do it without the injector holes so its easier to get the runners to fit

Edited by Ibiza_95

getting close to sorting out the wiring for mine now and was wondering if i can remove the pins from the 90's spec engine loom plug and re-pin into the pre 90's plug so i don't need to replace the fuse box and the rest of the dash loom?

On carbs, using KR spark bits? You don't need to go anywhere near the fusebox if so!

the pre/post 90 fusebox plugs use totally different pins so you cant swap em that way, solder job. but as above, if you're just using the spark controller loom you dont need to go anywhere near the fusebox, except for the fuel pump trigger wire if you plan to use the oem fuel pump relay.

So if im using a 2.0 abf the best way is to go kr ignition loom and ecu? Anyone got any advice or point me in the right direction for wiring up the bike fuel pump too cheers @rubjonny 

I wont say its the best way, but its a tried and tested route, cheap and cheerful. There is no way to change the ignition map though, so its not going to get the very best out of it, a proper remappable ignition would be better. But then if you're spending out on that have to think hard about going for proper throttle body setup with ecu to get the best of both worlds, reliability of injection and brap of carbs ;)

couple ways to get round the pump. the way I would do it is wire up the 16v ecu fuel relay trigger to the fusebox, fit a 67/80/167 fuel relay and run power to fuel pump with oem gti fusebox pins. could use a kjet 8v fuel relay without limiter in the fusebox and oem fuel pump pins, saves the 16v ecu trigger pin. Or fit relay above fusebox. Need some kind of proper fuel pump relay though or its not safe in a crash

need to know what fusebox you have and what the car was before to give the finer details.

Edited by rubjonny

So would the kr ignition be easier than just using the abf loom? And its a 1.3 carb shell 2.0 abf and a kr head r1 carbs was just going to go with an r1 fuel pump too thanks for all the help been doing a lot of reading over the past few days and i still feel somewhat clueless lol @rubjonny 

the abf loom is no good to you if going bike carbs, the kr ecu loom will just drop on top of the 1.3 loom same way the old spark module loom used to. then its just a case fo adapt whats left of the 1.3 loom to suit the KR engine.

For the fuel trigger look for the purple/black wire on one of the old thermoswitch plugs, pull that into the scuttle and connect it to the 16v red/yellow wire. Then put a 67/80/167 fuel relay in the right slot and add a fuse if needed then run the fuel pump power wires to the fusebox. fuel relay/fuse position and fuel pump power pins depends what fusebox though, where is the hazard switch dash or column?

12 minutes ago, rubjonny said:

the abf loom is no good to you if going bike carbs, the kr ecu loom will just drop on top of the 1.3 loom same way the old spark module loom used to. then its just a case fo adapt whats left of the 1.3 loom to suit the KR engine.

For the fuel trigger look for the purple/black wire on one of the old thermoswitch plugs, pull that into the scuttle and connect it to the 16v red/yellow wire. Then put a 67/80/167 fuel relay in the right slot and add a fuse if needed then run the fuel pump power wires to the fusebox. fuel relay/fuse position and fuel pump power pins depends what fusebox though, where is the hazard switch dash or column?

Ahh right okay makes sense and its on the steering column so will i need to buy anything other than a kr spark loom wiring wise (any idea where to look found one on ebay but its an entire engine loom for 120) will i have all the other stuff from the original loom and the 16v loom?

Ok so its the CE2 fusebox. Factory its plug M pins 1 & 2 and fuse 18 for the fuel pump power, if you find a MK3 golf in scrappy all petrol cars have fuel pump wiring you could strip the 2 pump power wires out of it and add to your fusebox. Or if its easier you could use the spade Z/1 for pump power with an inline fuse, you'll have a wire here for the inlet manifold heater so just cut that pop your fuse in then run to the pump, earth the pump to the claw near the fusebox or theres a stud on the A pillar you could use:
https://clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/fusebox-faq.219775/

Ignition wise this is all you need:
g2krignloom.jpg

1 - Earth to battery -ve
2 - KR ign controller plug
3 - TCI-H plug
4 - Black - KR ign controller & TCI-H ign live - terminal 15 side of coil
5 - Green - Coil trigger - terminal 1 side of coil
\- red/black - spade is for the isv control unit, the main wire is the rev counter feed
6 - Brown - Earth to cylinder head
7 - Blue/white - Temp sensor feed (use one of the 3 on the side of the head)
8 - Dizzy plug
9 - red/yellow - Fuel pump relay earth trigger
|- black/yellow - idle switch feed (12v feed with throttle shut)
\- black/white - ignition live for ECU (only on Corrado ECU loom)

Thats perfect thank you! Theres an 8v close to me being broken so i could go steal the fuel wires out of that will they go from the fuse box right back to the fuel pump? I guess the next steps finding the ignition loom! Will it only he 1.8 16v i can take that from then? 

yeah any mk3 with a petrol engine will do you fine. its a 4 pin plug on the pump you want the 2 outer wires all the way back to the fusebox. just chop up the mk3 plug till you can get the pins out, pop them into your M plug, run to the facet and jobs a goodun

1.8 16v mk2 or corrado for the ecu loom, just note if its a corrado the ecu power wire wont go to the coil instead it'll go to a 3 pin plug in the scuttle '9' in the diagram as I mention above

Is that run in series with my normal 1.3 pump and pick up or do you advise to get rid of all that seen people do both so not sure? Okay quite a few on ebay so that should be easy enough! 

you just fit the facet after the 1.3 level sender (theres no fuel pump in the tank, just a mechanical pump on the engine)

Okay thanks for all the info been super helpful! Car should arrive wednesday hopefully be running in a month or two

theres a green and a grey version, one of them is supposed to have a more aggressive ignition map on it but I forget which it is now (grey I think? 50/50 :lol:) but I tried both on mine and didnt really notice any difference

Alright cheers apparently the loom been adapted aready so will see how that goes lol possibly getting the mk3 fuel pump wiring saturday and a pump hopefully it'll start next week maybe