Sign in to follow this  
James cant swim

Audi A6 Build

I haven't done a build thread in a very long time and when I do a build thread I tend to keep the car for longer so it seems like a good time to get started on a new thread after buying my new car. 

So about 4 years ago I built myself a VW Bora. It was a 1.9tdi in blue which I fettled with quite a bit, ended up bagging it and put some nice wheels on the car and after having it around 2 years I decided to part it out and buy something a little more "fun" which turned out to be a BMW E36 325i. I loved the car but driving an older car again proved to be a little annoying! 

The Bora 

5723520110_31355d2c51_b.jpg

6160187652_14d2fb88bd_b.jpg

The E36

7381109776_69592e9352_b.jpg

7381222990_9ba18b6249_b.jpg

After that I bought myself a B6 Passat estate that I didnt really modify and ended up selling to my dad to finance the car Id wanted for an age, a MK5 Golf Gti which I originally bought in red. The car got got a full body wrap in Orange and got lowered then some 3SDM 0.05's were added for good measure. 

The Gti

9647759896_01f7bc43c1_b.jpg

9647757580_4d6e61ef53_b.jpg

The car stayed this way for a little while but the fuel economy was killing me, especially considering I love driving! So after owning the car less than a year I decided that I would sell up and buy something more practical and friendly. I got offered a swap for a MK Golf Sportline which after a little consideration I decided to go with and sell on. 

The Sportline

12160292264_91b4e41a75_b.jpg

Once the Sportline had sold I made a very stupid decision and bought a B6 Passat saloon that turned out to be a right bag of $hit!! This forced me to look for a PX again but this time I wanted to make it worthwhile so I started the hunt for an Audi A8 or A6 and after around 3 weeks of serious hunting I managed to find the exact engine, colour and interior that I wanted but it was in Lincolnshire(around 4 hours drive). 

I havent dont anything to the car yet besides having it detailed by Reflect Detailing Co but I do plan to get the car bagged on wheels and ready for VW Days in 5 weeks time. 

Here are the only photos I have of it but there will be plenty more(including the interior shot) as soon as I have a chance! 

The A6

14214763505_71c21f301b_b.jpg

14212350792_19d6e35553_b.jpg

14028100959_c840c9aafc_b.jpg

Oh and a quick photoshop of how it will hopefully  look soon! 

14028127300_1b77d951b5_b.jpg

Edited by James cant swim

So today I got some bad news, it doesn't look like Ill be able to get air ride. Money and time is against me so Im going to have to go for some coilovers instead which isn't the end of the world. 

Also sorted wheels and tyres today, shouldn't be an age before its looking smart

Not all bad news mate :-) did you manage to get the same wheels as the shop you did? And what size we need pictures ha

These are the wheels Im going to be grabbing, 20x9 all round :)

14060137308_271e73f9f4_b.jpg

Oh and a picture of the interior

14060131130_e4140f2746_b.jpg

14246424474_8a1a95a481_b.jpg

Looks good dude I bought myself an a6 sline avant in feb and never looked back what engine is that?

Looks good dude I bought myself an a6 sline avant in feb and never looked back what engine is that?

I love the look of the Avant model, I dont think Im gonna be looking at anything else either for a while! 

Mine is the 2.7Tdi, went for the DSG model too which makes it a lovely comfortable barge to drive haha

looking good bassman  :)

Thanks man, hopefully it'll look better soon! 

This should turn out well hopefully James  :wub:

So I've had the car 4 months and due to some cash flow issues, namely buying too many damn Nikes Ive had to hold off on the car.

Over winter Im hoping to get wheels and coils or POSSIBLY air ride, that would be ideal but Im not holding my breath! 

Here's a picture just for the bump

15031566221_984004a4b8_b.jpg

Edited by James cant swim

I've got some VIP Modulars which are perfect ofsets for A6, let me know if you want anymore details.