Doctor

Audi A1 by mgpdoc ••

i am sorry to read the above as have followed this thread from the beginning.

i really thought we had moved pas this scamming from other enthusiast as its been a while since a thread like this has popped up.

on the other side i was about to send him a load of bits for my vento project, so you have saved me a hassle by the looks of it so thank you for that.

Interesting because wasn't he moaning a while ago because he bought a car that wasn't as advertised and called out the seller for being a scammer?

Or have I got confused with someone else? (which is likely)

20 hours ago, Trix said:

Hi mate, sorry to hear of your issues, I am in much the same situation, Mr Ratcliffe has had parts of my Mk3 since January and guaranteed my the stuff for ud, he even drove 500+ miles the day before to drop stuff off which to be honest was a joke, even he said he wasn’t happy with it.  Then promised me it for early edition and again lies promises and a tracking number that never had a parcel scanned in against it.  He is on holiday in Spain just now I believe but the moment I know his back I will be doing the same 500+ round trip to get my stuff back, I’m sick to the bone with it, anyone who knows me knows what happened before to me and Mr Ratcliffe knows about it too, as a result I’m stripping my car next week and deciding where to go with it from here.  So in short I’m going to see him, I can collect parts when I am there if they are there as I need to get a mates stuff aswell.

Dougie

Dougie hello, and thank you for your answer mate. Your story sounds more than familiar. In my case, it was lie after lie, hospitalization, family problems, then a guy with supposedly taken photos in a dslr which he couldnt get a hold of. I sent him new messages for someone to pass from where he lives to collect the items and pay him if they are ok, and he agreed and he said he will be there on friday. Then i asked for a phone number for my friend to call him, and he said he would give me the phone number another day, not today. 

I mean . . . . come on. 

5 hours ago, natedogg said:

i am sorry to read the above as have followed this thread from the beginning.

i really thought we had moved pas this scamming from other enthusiast as its been a while since a thread like this has popped up.

on the other side i was about to send him a load of bits for my vento project, so you have saved me a hassle by the looks of it so thank you for that.

Mate, you dont even have a clue of the hype on instagram, from Audi R8 users that got scammed from him. Also Alex Collins ex owner of an Audi S1 and currently and Audi TT 8S. 

The list is big. And it is getting bigger. I contacted Stockport - Manchester Police, and also filed a claim on Uk fraud. I cant believe this guy is getting away with it. I live in Greece and cant leave my work in the hospital for days to get there. I have to wonder though how someone doesnt get in his car and go to his address and take what is his. It is theft and scam at this point from his side, clearly. 

3 hours ago, Dom joy said:

Interesting because wasn't he moaning a while ago because he bought a car that wasn't as advertised and called out the seller for being a scammer?

Or have I got confused with someone else? (which is likely)

I dont know mate. Can't tell if it is the same guy. This guy is called Michael Ratcliffe or Ratcliff. Maybe the first part of his surname stands for something which i missed in the beginning. 

12 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Dougie hello, and thank you for your answer mate. Your story sounds more than familiar. In my case, it was lie after lie, hospitalization, family problems, then a guy with supposedly taken photos in a dslr which he couldnt get a hold of. I sent him new messages for someone to pass from where he lives to collect the items and pay him if they are ok, and he agreed and he said he will be there on friday. Then i asked for a phone number for my friend to call him, and he said he would give me the phone number another day, not today. 

I mean . . . . come on. 

I’ve got his number, home address and work address if you need any of them,  I’m going to see my lawyer this week as I want reimbursed for my parts if missing, also costs involved due to this nonsense.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trix said:

I’ve got his number, home address and work address if you need any of them,  I’m going to see my lawyer this week as I want reimbursed for my parts if missing, also costs involved due to this nonsense.  

He never picks up phone calls. At least from my phone. Never. Also, he refuses to give me a phone number to go by and pick up the things he says they are ready. I doubt there are even things there. If there arent i want to file for theft of my steering wheel unless he sends me back a stock one.  That is plus my full refund from paypal which i hope i will receive in total. 

The sad part is that i cannot do anything more from here. That is why i am asking for help from people there, car enthusiasts that i know that when they are genuine, they are to be trusted. Scumbags like this guy is the cancer of our communities. 

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

He never picks up phone calls. At least from my phone. Never. Also, he refuses to give me a phone number to go by and pick up the things he says they are ready. I doubt there are even things there. If there arent i want to file for theft of my steering wheel unless he sends me back a stock one.  That is plus my full refund from paypal which i hope i will receive in total. 

The sad part is that i cannot do anything more from here. That is why i am asking for help from people there, car enthusiasts that i know that when they are genuine, they are to be trusted. Scumbags like this guy is the cancer of our communities. 

Well I’m going down once I know he is back, and I’ll stay the night outside if he doesn’t play ball.

• Like 3

So I had some changes to the car's badging just to freshen things up a bit and customize the look even more. 

First inspiration was given by my other car, the blue Audi. It had this badging upfront on the RS4 Oem grille which i customized

47828139532_1d6ef0a76e_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

So i thought i would keep the them on my little daily driver Audi as well given the grille was a bit naked. 

Purchased a generic RS4 badge from ebay and threw away the lettering. 
Left up with this which i would modify

46964049505_ff8bb00292_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

40913839263_cea01cce28_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

47828145502_dd0648dfc7_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

46964058215_fc81180109_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Painted the studs in black

47828154632_9ab6ab6b91_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

And trimmed the back plate to meet my grille openings

46964049315_a11b6cf957_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Final Result was this. 

47090797554_06bef7557d_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Which I like very much

Excuse the dirty car

32936015407_b2d54f79f2_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Then, I took inspiration from the new Audi A1 2018, which has from factory gloss black logos at the trunk , and also the new Audi badging for their models. Which is a little weird and hard to understand. So i looked further into it, and 40 TDI, means, 165 to 198hp, and ofcourse TDI engine. 
I liked the idea that this car didnt have this badging back then, and also that gloss black would not pop out on the gloss black trunk that I have at that specific area. What is more, it was gloss black from factory, which as we all know, doesnt look cheap, or chipped away like most of the time painted chrome does on these things even with a good prep. Downside was their price, which was out of this world. Guess they have hidden gold flakes in that paint, i dont know. At least I hope they do. 

Then, having debadged my car the first day i got it, like i always do, i didnt have measurement of where the badges go, which can drive me crazy if they are not where they should. So i asked the dealership body shop to give me some templates to use just to glue the new ones on. As expected they didnt have any, and told me they measured out of another car each time they would put badges on . I was like wtf. So i decided to make my own templates from a friend's Audi A1. 

First i had to remove this 

46964008495_7a6cbd53b4_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Started like this, with markings on standard places like the tailight

46964059135_2be86943f5_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Went to this and wanted to make some removable and re-usable

47880256671_bf85d45102_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

There

40913826923_fab124fd41_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Now i would transfer it onto here and cut where the logo is

47090803104_2c123f46c6_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Like this

32936039127_5d44d026fd_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

All done passenger side

47090804614_3c7c647cc3_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Driver Side

32936026307_3ff26b434e_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

34003055028_c4511f9056_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

46964076845_f62fa8e9a7_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

47880255611_4282634cc0_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Done

32936039737_a64d03110f_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Both done

32936061267_42088f9f77_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Passenger side, transferred and tape as a guide

32936026867_8e548bf91b_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Installed

40913854173_fb513bd78a_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

46964009585_6b25c178f0_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Sit back and enjoy

46964048645_db86c3e2c9_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

47880230931_bb8ab76207_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Exactly the look i was going after

Driver side next

40913838983_8b7965e5b0_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

All done 

46964036995_9acc3f063e_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

46964030675_0df4b212ed_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

47090797664_89c3af8891_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Barely visible, like debadged even, yet it is there. Very subtle. 

32936014697_9ebfb09e88_c.jpgUntitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Cheers guys I hope you liked this as well

Regards

Mike

• Like 1