cupracraig

Pearl Grey MK2 GTI 20v OEM+

40 minutes ago, cupracraig said:

These new phones are mad! SLR's have their place, but when cameras are this good now and AI powered it makes the average guy take an ok picture

Its the one thing I'm jealous of with being an iPhone guy. Apple cameras so far as i have seen, just cant compare to the rest of the markets up to date models. You'd think with all their money you would be able to shoe horn a miniature SLR in there.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamieprang said:

Its the one thing I'm jealous of with being an iPhone guy. Apple cameras so far as i have seen, just cant compare to the rest of the markets up to date models. You'd think with all their money you would be able to shoe horn a miniature SLR in there.  :lol:

its partly why i moved away from apple after having the iphone 2 through to 5, the Android devices just seemed to be getting much better and were much cheaper.

i just picked up the Huwaei honor 10 and its brilliant. Moving away from Apple is something i have not ever regretted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cupracraig said:

i just picked up the Huwaei honor 10 and its brilliant. 

off topic (sorry) just wrap it in bubble wrap - the screens are super fragile and a pain to replace!

2 minutes ago, natedogg said:

off topic (sorry) just wrap it in bubble wrap - the screens are super fragile and a pain to replace!

time to buy one of those fancy cases that open up when the phones dropped and save the thing from hitting the floor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i am loving this new phone!

Went out in the car yesterday after a quick clean and some weekend maintenance, the car feels really dialled in, the handling is lovely, the power delivery is great.. still need to go get the car booked in for some winter paint love. i want to get the engine stripped out again and painted as i never did that when putting it in, also the gearbox soda blasted and painted.

couldn't help but take more photos on the way home from a little met last night

43879301221_99178878cb_c.jpg

43879303131_82ef087cae_c.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, waj27 said:

Stunning car, great example how a mk2 GTI should look like! what model are the RS?

custom RS'. started life as 137 (Front) and 225(Rear) but now speced to 268(Front) 250(Rear)

• Like 1

Debating what to do with the car now. not sure if i want to do anything this winter on it or rip the engine out and tuck all the wires and get some minor issues resolved. 

I've debated selling it but recon that i will only end up regretting that. is it worth having a car that you drive a few thousand miles a year though.

decisions decisions

I've had that dilemma over and over again. I have done less that 100 miles this year, so it makes no sense to keep it...but I would regret it if it went. Once it's gone, it's gone. Just like yours, I doubt there is another like it anywhere, so it could never be replaced. They do have some value, but they are not worth a life changing amount of money (which might sway a decision), so mines staying put.

14 hours ago, dieseldonicely said:

I've had that dilemma over and over again. I have done less that 100 miles this year, so it makes no sense to keep it...but I would regret it if it went. Once it's gone, it's gone. Just like yours, I doubt there is another like it anywhere, so it could never be replaced. They do have some value, but they are not worth a life changing amount of money (which might sway a decision), so mines staying put.

that's it, if the car was worth loads of money it would be sold and i could put it towards some house development. 

I took it out last night for the first time since Retro Rides gathering, so just over a month and i really enjoyed myself.. not many people on the road, a few thumbs up and a little bast with a merc. 

If i keep it i need to make a plan of action of what i want to do to it. 

Put together a list of jobs that i would like to do if i decide to keep it

New windscreen
Windscreen rust spot fix
Bonnet respray
Air intake re-think / air filter
Silicon TIP
G60 brakes
Fan direction lever fix (stiff)
Intercooler slight re-location
Loom relocation into Chassis legs
Battery Re-location to Boot
VDO Guages wiring and Install

I've been in a similar position doing a few hundred miles a year. I'd done everything to my mk2 jetta and I realised a big part of enjoying the car was tinkering with it, once it was complete I got a bit bored with it and sold it.

I realised I like modifying cars more than just owning them. If you sell it most likey you'll never own a similar quality mk2 but you can buy something else and have fun with that. 

It's a nightmare when you get like this with a car. I was like it with the corrado storm, I sold it and still occasionally regret selling it.

i'll do you a p/x with my mk1? 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, cupracraig said:

Debating what to do with the car now. not sure if i want to do anything this winter on it or rip the engine out and tuck all the wires and get some minor issues resolved. 

I've debated selling it but recon that i will only end up regretting that. is it worth having a car that you drive a few thousand miles a year though.

decisions decisions

Don't do it mate if you don't 'have' to. I sold mine to help with a house deposit, which I don't regret at all, but then I saw it up for sale on ebay and wish I had the money to buy it back. I always had such a love/hate relationship with that car but my god I miss it -_- :lol:

The future plans sound good! Who cares if you only use it a couple thousand miles a year. I bet they are the happiest couple thousand miles you drive that year :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, winter20vT said:

Don't do it mate if you don't 'have' to. I sold mine to help with a house deposit, which I don't regret at all, but then I saw it up for sale on ebay and wish I had the money to buy it back. I always had such a love/hate relationship with that car but my god I miss it -_- :lol:

The future plans sound good! Who cares if you only use it a couple thousand miles a year. I bet they are the happiest couple thousand miles you drive that year :lol:

I've seen that for sale recently too.

Wish I hadn't sold my Octavia vrs last year. Only sold it as we were doing the garden and it was in the way!

I even emailed the guy who bought it but he's in love with it so I've no chance of buying it back!

• Like 1

I sell all my cars, I say I regret it... but I don’t really. 

Im a car slut.

• Like 2

Cant sell it !! no :( if i had mine on the road i'd drive down your way and tap you on the head.

Are you still Bristol based? hopefully next year i should get it finished will come visit as you're not far, would like to see it in the flesh  

19 minutes ago, waj27 said:

Cant sell it !! no :( if i had mine on the road i'd drive down your way and tap you on the head.

Are you still Bristol based? hopefully next year i should get it finished will come visit as you're not far, would like to see it in the flesh  

yeah just south of Bristol. hows yours coming along?

4 minutes ago, cupracraig said:

yeah just south of Bristol. hows yours coming along?

Ah cool no far!, yeah slow burner at the moment just had my first child but still determined to finish it next year currently waiting to get painted then i can start putting it back together.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:58 PM, waj27 said:

Ah cool no far!, yeah slow burner at the moment just had my first child but still determined to finish it next year currently waiting to get painted then i can start putting it back together.

Ah its always a struggle with kids, but i found the project to be a good escape (even when it was minus 5 outside and i could see my breath in the garage). Were having our final child due May 2019 so i doubt i'll do anything big to the car now like paint etc.. probably just stick to the list i made and tick bits off

Hard to justify a car you don't use much.  If you can part with it then why not, cars come and go it's a part of life.  I agree part of the fun is tinkering, once I'm done I'm happy for a but then get bored.

A bit off topic but i got sick of the space by the driveway so got busy with the spade! should have hired a digger but thought the physical exercise would be best

Before:

32201278268_da78370e7c_c.jpg

46022638572_3de5128fdb_c.jpg

During:

44256544720_16c6876fcb_c.jpg

44256537400_18efbf3284_c.jpg

46022623162_9113fa58fa_c.jpg

32201271168_f6b34e52ea_c.jpg

31133707467_431a543d29_c.jpg

31133698377_18b198aa8f_c.jpg

46072342541_2d0db7cfd8_c.jpg

44256496580_12943790cd_c.jpg

46072316501_87344898b0_c.jpg

45348200704_a52b0a6fca_c.jpg

46072289361_8f10dc6583_c.jpg

Nearly there:

46072284771_977967f6d8_c.jpg

31133726737_9b9f05fdb8_c.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, natedogg said:

all i see here is the potential to double width that garage! :lol:

it all comes down to money though sadly. 

when we develop the house i might push for a nice garage

• Like 1