Sign in to follow this  
P333 RLY

Audi A3 1.4tfsi not running great & petrol in oil :/

A friend of mine is having issues with his A3

It's a 2009 1.4tfsi with 110k & full Audi history

Diagnostic check shows code P0170 (bank1) - vehicle running to rich at idle and off idle.

So the car doesn't idle that great - to be honest it's not that bad just a bit of a bouncy rev counter, that's issue number one.

The second issue - the car has just had a full service, whilst we drained the oil from the sump a strong petrol smell and a sign of fuel within the oil.

I know this could be a number of issues - it was in at Audi a few months back and they replaced the n80 valve due to running issues but that doesn't seem to have solved anything.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

Anyone ?

We are coming to the conclusion of the high pressure fuel pump, and I've got my fingers crossed for him it's not the injectors :/

Any help is much appreciated

Change the fuel pump first and see if it resolves it by changing the oil again in a few hundred miles or even hundred. Ive got a A3 1.4 TFSI but never come across this problem and dont know anyone who has to be honest.

If the fuel pump doesnt do it then get the injectors taken out and inspected or replaced

Thanks for the help mate

The high pressure fuel pump has been removed today, any telling if it's f*cked before he orderes a new one ?

Ta

So as the temperature has dropped (-3 this morning)

Car wouldn't start ! Well it started and then dropped straight down and stalled - so had to give it some gas to help it out

Been running fine every other day

Anyone have any ideas ?

Possible ? ...

MAP sensor (1.4tfsi has 2)

Temperature sensor

Throttle body

Help is much appreciated