Sign in to follow this  
P333 RLY

Retro fitting OEM xenons to VW mk1 Tiguan

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone on here can help me

Currently our mk1 Tiguan (59 plate) 2010. Is running the standard headlights. I have come across some genuine xenon headlights.

My question is : can I simply remove my old standard headlights and plug these straight in?

Or will they need coding and Adaptors ?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

If they come with everything included and the car is the same sort of year it should be plug and play.

Possibly might need coding but that wont be long winded or expensive.

If they come with everything included and the car is the same sort of year it should be plug and play.

Possibly might need coding but that wont be long winded or expensive.

Thanks mate, headlights are complete and from a 2008, mine is 2010 but same model Type

The very worsed case might be either plug change or an extra wiring adapter. so they plug in.

But being theyre not from a facelift or anything i cant see that.

We have a Mk6 Golf the same age and that is far from straightforward. As well as the wiring, they'll need the correct BCM and coding to control the ballasts and bi-xenon shutters. The levelers won't work from the dashboard switch, so you'll be stuck with them in one position, unless you get the hardware for auto leveling. I'm sure it would be possible to get them working with a bit of butchery without all the stuff I just mentioned, but they will be far from plug and play.

I fitted OEM bi-xenons in my previous Passat B5.5. That really was plug and play, but with CAN BUS, those days have long gone.