Sign in to follow this  
patmore

Mk2 Jetta pb

Hi all I've recently put a digifant 2 engine and ecu in my car, it was originally carbed, I blew my first ecu up and have purchased a new one, plugged it in and fired up first time every time. Then I unplugged the engine loom a wrapped it since then it's not started again

I've unwrapped the loom and I can't see any problems, also I have a remote fuel pump relay that is continually clicking as I'm cranking the engine, anyone have any ideas ?

I've got spark and compression and I have fuel up to the rail but not sure if the relay is the problem.

ok the fact its going mental suggests voltage issue, check battery voltage and the wiring work you did for the relay. or maybe relay is dead

Edited by rubjonny

Ok I'll get a multi meter on it tonight. I've tried both the relays I have both do the same. I'm using number 53 is this ok ?

yeah it should be man enough, make sure the feed to it is live ignition on and cranking. if it drops too much cranking the ignition switch might be duff. or if it goes dead maybe its tapped to an X feed but if it worked fine before and not been touched since wont be that

one thing where is the earth? if its run to the claw near the fusebox make sure you didnt forget to hook up the claw earth. on ce2 looms its from plug F pin 4, ce1m looms it comes out the back of the fat white 4 way spade block on the lighting loom :)