Sign in to follow this  
marshole82

General Clean

Hey all,

I'm just looking for a bit of product and technique advice really.

I'm not interested in a full valet or polish just want a nice smooth car, all the nooks cleaned etc, so what products are good and what order/how to use them? I'm a total cleaning novice after having years of cars that I don't care about!

I'd also like to completely deep clean the interior, so any recommendations on leather cleaners, plastic cleaners, brushes, polishes etc.

Cheers everyone

• Start with the 2 bucket method and grit guards. 
  • Invest in a good washing medium such as wash mitt or pad. 
  • Buy decent, brushes, general use microfibers and good quality ones
  • For products get a clay bar, shampoo, polish, wax, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner and all purpose cleaner.
  • To finish you need tyre, interior, trim and engine/wheel arch dressings.

There are a vast range of products to use but have a look here: detailing world

Another thing to remember - not every detailing company make their own products.  So up to you if you want to pay inflated prices or go straight to the manufactures such as Angle Wax, Wowos, Car Chem, Koch Chemie, Bilt Hamber, Gyeon, Gtechniq and Dodo Juice to name a few.

Some good advice there :)

For brushes to get into the nooks and crannies, have a look at Work Stuff

www.work-stuff.co.uk 

They have a great selection of detailing brushes.

The wash mitts and drying towels are great too. I've been using them since the end of last year and love them, can't fault the feel and quality.

I think there's little point in giving it a good clean and leaving it there, as the paint will most probably be dull and swirled underneath, so may well look worse when the sun catches it.

It's well worth the effort spending the time decontaminating, polishing and protecting the paint. Not only will it look better, it will make future cleaning much easier.